Lead Cyber Security Consultant – 6 month contract – Sheffield – up to £650 per day (OUT OF SCOPE)
Candidates must already hold or be willing to undergo full UK SC Clearance
Fantastic Public Sector organisation looking for an experienced Cyber Security consultant to assist with driving their security landscape forward and implementing security change.
- Fit business requirements for security;
- Mitigate the risks and conform to the relevant security policies;
- Balance information risk against cost of countermeasures;
- Ensure security is implemented in a consistent way across the programme, and drive the overall design;
- Working with agile developers and testers to review code, run and manage security tests and provide security assurance the resultant code is safe from a security perspective;
- Working to articulate current risks against the system, the proposed mitigation and support the on-going accreditation process;
- Creating, running and managing the security processes and procedures, both technical and not, to maintain the security of the system, personnel, and appropriate environments;
- Security architecture for the design of secure digital services;
- Security principles for the programme;
- Agile development and programme staff security education;
- Experience in delivering security within Internet facing, transactional digital services is essential;
The essential skills and experience required are
- Secure systems – Designs and reviews system architectures through the application of patterns and principles to reduce cyber security problems.
- Threat modelling and analysis – perform structured analysis of proposed or implemented systems to identify likely cyber security problems. Propose realistic and pragmatic mitigations that address these problems, and work with the product / project team to implement these effectively into their work.
- Enabling and informing risk based decisions – Works with risk advisors to advise and give feedback. Advise on risk impact. .
- Specific technology and security understanding – Has knowledge of system architectures. Able to understand and articulate the impact of vulnerabilities on existing and future designs and systems, and is able to articulate a response. Has good knowledge of a range of systems but may specialise in one.
- Sheffield (South Yorkshire, England)
- £600 - £650 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Security Cleared Information Security Analyst Jobs