M&E Quantity Surveyor – Electric Car Charging – London
My client is one of the UK’s largest M&E contractors offering a diverse service portfolio covering areas such as M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting and Facilities Management.
They are currently seeking an M&E Quantity Surveyor with a strong Electrical bias to join their team working on Electric Car Charging projects based around London; ensuring that the financial position of their projects are accurately reported and controlled effectively. This is a great opportunity for an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor to join a dynamic, forward thinking company set on delivering a strong customer focus with safety at the heart of everything they do.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular CVR’s, forecasts, Continuous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc.
- Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- Provide a Weekly report (Progress and Contract) to the Line Manager.
- You must have previous experience working within an M&E contractor environment.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- You must be fully conversant in Electrical Engineering – degree qualified would be highly advantageous.
- Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.