M&E Sales Engineer Role – London
Must come from a plumbing/HVAC or Electrical background.
As a sales engineer, you’ll combine technical M&E knowledge with sales skills. The balance depends on the level of technical knowledge and understanding you’ll need to sell the product you’re offering and to respond to my clients’ queries.
You clients will usually be technical staff from main contractors in the building services sector.
So, what will you actually be doing?
To ensure your clients’ and your own company’s needs are met, you’ll liaise regularly with other sales personnel, and colleagues from other departments such as research and development, design, purchasing and production, and senior company directors.
Your day-to-day tasks are likely to involve:
- Searching for new clients who could benefit from your products inside the m25 region.
- Travelling to visit potential clients
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements
- Persuading clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs
- Calculating client quotations
- Negotiating tender and contract terms
- Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions
- Offering after-sales support services
- Administering client accounts
- Analysing costs and sales
- Preparing reports for head office
- Meeting regular sales targets
- Recording and maintaining client contact data
- Co-ordinating sales projects
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
- Solving client problems
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
The finer details…
You’ll usually split your time between the office and visiting clients, visiting these on a weekly basis.
As well as clients, you’ll also travel to trade shows and conferences regularly.
Initially, you will be expected to know the M&E building services sector like the back of your hand. Develop service knowledge, and build your reputation in M&E technical sales.
To advance, you must produce results – through sales and by breaking into new markets. You should be willing to travel regularly within the UK. You’ll also be expected to continually enhance your expertise through relevant training courses. Gaining professional qualifications is likely to boost your career prospects as well.
- London (London, England)
- £280 - £290 per day + Travel
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 12 Months
Contract Job Duration
- Building Services Construction Jobs