Mechanical Design Engineer
£25-35K per annum
Immediate start available
Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services)
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer in the Building Services sector looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking to find a more lucrative and prestigious role within a business that will train you; properly utilizing your potential?
If so, perfect; Energi People have the job you are searching for…
Our client is searching for a proactive and self-motivated Mechanical Design Engineer to manage an extensive list of Health & Educational building projects projects. The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will be an autonomous worker, able to get their heads down and work without supervision when required. Our client believes that building strong relationships is the key to repeat business, so being comfortable with B2B communication is essential to perform well here as an Mechanical Design Engineer.
This employer is preferably looking to hire someone with experience, ideally 18 months minimum.
Whilst my client is fairly open-minded about this Design Engineer role, there are some desirable skills that our client is specifically interested in:
- IT skill – The ability to use various software’s proficiently will be a huge bonus. REVIT, CAD, Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, Carrier E20, VE and HAP.
- Mechanical Engineering Knowledge – A thorough understanding of the following, will really help you perform in this industry:
- Daylight and artificial lighting.
- Escalators and lifts.
- Ventilation and refrigeration.
- Security and alarm systems.
- Fire detection and protection.
- Energy supply and use.
- Communications networks.
- Facade engineering.
- Heating and ventilating.
- Water, drainage and plumbing.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Competency – Training will be provided. However it is essential for applicants to have the potential to learn to perform the following activities:
- Writing reports
- Designing and implementing systems to improve efficiency and sustainability
- Preparing budgets
- Resolving problems
- Producing documentation
- Conducting product testing
- Going out on site
- Liaising with suppliers, clients, architects and contractors
- Reviewing technical product designs
- Undertaking research
- Generating drawings using various design applications
If you feel as if you have the ability and the desire to excel within a position like this. Please do not hesitate, get in contact with me immediately!