My client, a well-regarded Sub-contractor offer a wide range of services working on Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Gas and Modular installations. They have built a strong reputation in the MEP market completing projects in Commercial, Residential, Government, Health & Biomedical sectors.
Due to exceptional levels of growth and a consistent and steady increase in annual turnover along with a strong forcast over the next 2 years, they are now seeking an experienced Mechanical Estimator to join their team and help to continue driving the business forward.
You will uphold customer liaison regarding site visits, surveys and mid/post tender interviews, accurately pricing the mechanical and public health services associated with the project and compilation and ownership of the quotation/tender documents for issue. At all times ensuring that the clients business principles of quality, profitability and close client relationships are implemented at all times.
- Attend site surveys, or tender interviews as necessary
- To liaise with other departments regarding completion of all information as identified as required within the enquiry, this may involve liaison with commercial, legal, procurement, accounts, design, HSQA, project delivery teams and directors of the business as appropriate
- In a timescale sympathetic to the project return date, accurately assess any employers requirement/tender documents/specification and generate and despatch enquiries for specialist sub-contract trades and plant/material items
- Evaluate supplier and subcontract returns to ensure compliance with the tender specification/documentation.
- Accurately undertake any necessary take-offs of drawings and schedules and perform data entry into the estimating software selected by the business
- Follow all company procedures for enquiry and tender handling
- Minimum of 5 years experience is essential tendering solely on Mechanical projects
- You must have experience working on pipe-work, plumbing and drainage projects. Experience with ductwork is highly advantageous
- Good with numbers and good IT skills
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Highly organised with ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a team spirit
- Keen to learn and develop
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs