Mechanical Estimator & Procurement – Contract
Location: Shepherd’s Bush, London
Term: Long term, On-going
Day Rate: £300.00 – £350.00
My client is a leading M&E Sub-Contractor who specialise in the Installation, Maintenance & Repair of Residential, Commercial & Industrial throughout the public & private sectors.
The Mechanical Estimator will prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for my client’s projects to aid management in bidding on or determining price of service. Also, to assist in the evaluation of project risk factors and commercial opportunities arising from new and existing bids and maintaining communication with all stakeholders internally and externally.
You will also be looking after the Procurement for the team so you must have a strong knowledge of the buying process to effectively maximise company profitability and win new contracts, by negotiating competitive prices and terms from suppliers. You will implement and manage the Procurement strategy in line with the organisations vision.
- Review enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the full extent of the client’s enquiry. Take responsibility for Document Checklist.
- Quantify the extent of the works involved. Produce accurate take off and measure for tenders to ensure the prime cost of the project is fully understood.
- Review commercial/ technical risks associated with enquiries to find the best solution.
- Vet enquiries allocated in order to comply with the preparation and dispatch of accurate supplier/subcontract enquiries to the timescales dictated.
- Working with technical experts, assess quotations with a view to validating the information received.
- Take responsibility prior to settlement meetings to check accuracy of the information presented.
- Identify potential risks/ opportunities within the scope of enquiries received.
- Identify third party requirements, internal or external, to ensure all information is collated in respect of enquiries.
- Maximise value from spend on supplies, services and works that support our business to operate and deliver against the organisational plan.
- Deliver measurable cost savings and efficiencies on expenditure.
- Provide advice and guidance to ensure procurement services are compliant, effective and best value.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, initiate and maintain relationships with critical suppliers, negotiate agreements and undertake key sourcing and tendering exercises.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering (or similar field of study and/or trade experience as time-served engineer or similar.
- Formal estimating experience on industrial projects.
- Knowledge of the Buying process and comfortable with sourcing & negotiating the best deals.
- Strong maths and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Can read and understand schematic and design drawings.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Strong time management skills
- Good IT computer skills and the ability to read drawings and schedules.
- Critical thinking.
- Decision making.
- Problem solving.
- Presentation skills.
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £300 - £350 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs