Project Manager/Project Engineer – Mechanical – Sailsbury
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NEED TO BE SECURITY CLEARED BEFORE YOU START
Please note: In order to be shortlisted, you will need to have project management experience in a mechanical background.
As a Project manager, you will be accountable for the delivery of projects yourself and through your team, to ensure my client meets its contractual requirements, on time, on budget to an auditable standard.
- Manage the delivery of multiple concurrent capital works projects undertaken, directly and through line reports, as part of a comprehensive rolling programme across the estate.
- Manage the production of designs and specifications to meet all current building and MOD standards, obtaining relevant approvals where necessary, whilst meeting Serco’s requirements for buildability and maintenance requirements.
- Control the projects from feasibility through to post-occupancy following the RIBA Plan of Works, and in conjunction with my clients and MOD’s relevant processes and procedures covering construction activity including handover to end users and other Serco teams
- Work closely with Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Fire Engineers and external consultants to develop Employer’s Requirements documents, designs and specifications.
- Regularly assess and address the quality of the consultant teams appointed in order to meet the demanding standards expected of others and ourselves.
- Ensure all confidential information remains within the company and is not relayed in either verbal or written form to persons or organisations outside the company in accordance with Company Policy
- To subject all areas of responsibility to continuous review with the objective of identifying and implementing improvement and cost saving measures.Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Project management with a Mechanical bias delivering a high level of projects with motivation, energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- NEC/JCT contract experience
- Significant demonstrable experience in similar specialist roles gained in a client, consultant or contractor capacity.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines Degree level qualification in a construction-related discipline essential.
- Membership of relevant professional institution (RICS, CIOB, CIBSE etc.) preferred.
- Construction H&S qualifications required e.g. NEBOSH Construction certificate etc.
- Excellent knowledge and application of H&S, Fire and Environmental matters, with particular relevance to those impacting the construction industry essential.
- Detailed understanding of relevant regulations, legislation and standards – Building Regs, Regulatory Reform Order 2005, applicable British Standards etc.
- Wiltshire (Wiltshire, England)
- £280 - £300 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 12 Months
Contract Job Duration
- Building Services Construction Jobs