We are looking for a PM or experienced engineer looking to step up
Must have Residential experience on large projects 250+ units
Must be Mechanically biased.
Worked on Plant-rooms, Distribution, Public Health and Apartment fit-outs.
Have a working knowledge of CHP’s, Energy Centres, heating and chilled systems, Boosted cold water systems, Apartment systems including FCU’s, MVHR’s, HIU’s and CIU’s.
Have an understanding of Electrical systems, Smoke Vent, Environmental Vent, Car Park Vent, BMS, AOV systems and their integration into the Fire Alarm system.
Not looking for:
Contract Manager and above
Main Contract background
Cat A/B fit out only background
After winning numerous projects in London a new opportunity has presented itself to work in the London Office for a company that has been working in the area for over 100 years.
Working for their main office in Birmingham, on-site in London with all expenses paid for. Starting with them in August or September for the right person.
Travel is required, main projects are based in London but will have occasional visits to Birmingham.
Start salary £55k + package. All-expense paid for including travel and car allowance.
(Salary can be negotiable for the right candidate)
Job Over view
* Oversee and manage the life-cycle of the project on any value project
* Directing the full project team (Engineers, site supervisor, sub-contractors, designers, suppliers)
* Ensure the project is fully staffed to meet the requirements of the construction programme
* Responsible for the overall progress of works
* Responsible for the overall quality of works
* Have overall responsibility doe all matters affecting the financial stability of the project
* Lead negotiations on final accounts with client and sub-contractors. Final agreements to be agreed with Directors.
* Responsible for ensuring the clients requirements are being met and maintain client relationships, including entertaining
* Responsible for the implementation of procedures for the overall control of the project administration
* Undertake or advice/authorise on the procurement of all plant, equipment, sub-contractors and labour packages necessary for the works allotted spend limits commensurate with this role
* Responsible for sub-contractor negotiations and ensuring outgoing payments of suppliers and sub-contractors are dealt with correctly and in accordance with company procedures
* Have overall responsibility for matters effecting Health and Safety of all personnel on site
* Make decisions on behalf of the company
* Attendance at meetings on behalf of the company either in conjunction with others or individually
* Attending regular internal review meetings with associate directors and other members of the company management team as necessary
* Hold and chair internal review meetings with staff working for/with him/her
* Ensure the staff working for him/her understand fully their role and fulfil the requirements set out for them
* Ensure all project applications for payment are compiled and issued correctly and in line with company procedures
* Ensure all contract variations are accounted for correctly and claimed for within the monthly application in line with company procedures
* Review value engineering both internally for commercial gain and externally if required
* Conduct return to work interviews
* Ensure the Company policies and procedures are adhered to
* Work closely with colleagues in other departments
* To encourage and instigate a good team ethos of working collaboratively
* To communicate in a clear and concise manner
* To delegate tasks by identifying individual’s capabilities
* To provide sufficient encouragement to enhance staff morale and provide motivation.
* To demonstrate good understanding of project financial control
* To confidently negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors.
* To continually look for avenues to improve project margin.
* To manage time and tasks to ensure efficient running of projects and department
* To form, build and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
* To present all correspondence, tenders, drawings in a professional manner
* To present all information in a concise and professional manner
* Problem solving skills
* Mechanical Engineering experience
* Project management skills
* Negotiation skills
* Communication skills
* IT Skills (Microsoft Office package, project management software)
- £55k Start Salary
- Early finishes Fridays
- Life insurance
- Travel expenses
- Annual salary reviews
- Yearly bonuses
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs