Mechanical Quantity Surveyor – Building Services
Location: High Wycombe
Term: 6 Months
Day Rate: £350.00 – £400.00
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join my client, a leading sub-contractor on a contract basis in High Wycombe My client offer work on a range of projects across a variety of sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Laboratories, Healthcare and Life Sciences. They are seeking an experienced Mechanical Quantity Surveyor – Building Services to ensure that the financial position of their projects are accurately reported and controlled effectively across the Construction & Mechanical phases.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular CVR’s, forecasts, Continuous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc.
- You will be involved with the project throughout the building & Fit-Out stages involving all Mechanical elements such as panelling, ductwork etc.
- Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- Provide a Weekly report (Progress and Contract) to the Line Manager.
- You must have previous experience working within an Mechanical Contractor environment.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You must have a strong working knowledge of JCT contracts and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- High Wycombe (Buckinghamshire, England)
- £350 - £400 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 6 months
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs