Project Mechanical Quantity Surveyor – Godstone / London
An exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Quantity Surveyor has arisen to join my client, a highly regarded Mechanical Contractor within the Building Services market based in their Godstone Head office. They regularly undertake projects in London so the role will be split between Godstone and Site based in the London area.
They are seeking a Mechanical Quantity Surveyor who is highly driven to succeed and wants to carve their name out in the market. They hold an unrivalled training programme and are willing to put the time into someone who is willing to put in the work and effort! In return they are offering a salary between £40,000 – £50,000 for the right candidate.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular: CVR’s, forecasts, Continuous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc.
- Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- Provide a Weekly report (Progress and Contract) to the Line Manager.Experience Required:
- You must have previous experience working within a Mechanical contractor environment.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- You will ideally hold an HND / HNC in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Godstone (Surrey, England)
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs