The MEP Director I am seeking will be from a mechanical building services design background, with a proven track record working with international consultancies on major projects. The MEP Director role will see you leading a number of very prestigious and technically challenging projects throughout Doha, including malls, high rise, residential, mixed use, commercial, rail and retail. The MEP Director role is a critical role for the business due to strategic growth and will see you challenged but very rewarded working on innovative designs on very complex multi-disciplinary projects whilst leading and developing a core team of MEP Design Engineers from their very unique modern office in the centre of Doha.
I have recruited for this excellent Grade A organisation for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels with the business and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about holistic design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
If you’ve got potential & want to push the boundaries of design, they will help you achieve it!
This role will suit an experienced technical leader, with 15+ years of experience in MEP design & delivery, employed by international consultancies on major projects throughout their career.
- Mechanical Engineering degree at bachelors level or higher
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience within the building services design industry and a proven track record in working for international design consultancies.
- Chartered Engineer (preferred)
- Previous experience in the MENA region desirable
- UPDA Grade A gained from MMUP will be highly advantageous
- Proven experience across the project life-cycle including P&L
- Proven experience of managing projects and delivering to time & budgetary deadlines, whilst complying with operational and other procedures
- Proven ability to manage resourcing requirements on projects and to coordinate the input of others from within and outside the team
- Broad and deep technical knowledge in mechanical building services, plus demonstrable understanding of other disciplines. A desire to push the boundaries on the design of MEP systems on major projects
- Proven ability to negotiate and agree commercially appropriate fee arrangements and appointment terms
- Excellent skills to build and develop relationships with clients & networking at industry events
- Demonstrable understanding of issues of commercial and contractual risk
- Proven ability and commitment to coaching and development of less experienced staff
Contact James Mowat from Energi People to discuss this very unique opportunity in more detail
- Doha (, Qatar)
- BS - Associate - Electrical, BS - Associate - Mechanical, Electrical, Mechanical
Important Job Skills
- £00 - £01 per annum + Tax free + Benefits
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs