Network Engineer – Permanent
*Candidates must be able to satisfy full UK SC clearance*
Experienced Network Engineer – Surrey (New Malden)– Permanent – £45,000 + benefits.
Highly motivated? Strong desire to succeed despite setbacks?
Fantastic opportunity to broaden your knowledge and be involved in one of the most modern engineering projects in the UK! You will endeavour new challenges on a daily basis and experience a dynamic work environment throughout the duration of the programme.
You will be undertaking a defined range of Network Engineering design, development and test activities for various programmes critical to the organisation.
What will your responsibilities as a Network Engineer be?
Responsibilities will involve:
- responsibility for various stages of the network development such as: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components.
- ensuring that communications function across the network architecture and that the network’s performance meets the necessary requirements.
- providing direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on platforms to support the various aspects of overall system integration.
- carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services and supplying technical support and expertise to others as required.
- acting as a member of a technical team created to accomplish tasks of a specialist nature.
We are looking for a number of the following experience from you:
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper and Dell Switches and Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Current Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP or CCNA/CCNP and/or CCDA certification
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds
- A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance and ideally knowledge in one or more of the followings:
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008 Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat)
- Working knowledge of various VMware tool
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies
- Surrey (Surrey, England)
- Up to £45000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Network Engineer Jobs