Network Security Engineer – Permanent – Southampton – Competitive Salary + Benefits.
Fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a specialist payment solutions clients based in Southampton who are looking for a Network Security Engineer to join their growing team.
As a Network Security Engineer you will be working with various stakeholders ensuring the clients ongoing PCI-DSS compliance is maintained in conjunction with the QSA.
- Planning and implementing network changes, reviews and maintenance
- Maintaining Hardening Standards (CIS)
- Maintaining the anti – virus and anti – malware tools
- Manage SIEM appliance (Incl. FIm) and Cisco Fire Power consoles (IPS/AMP)
- Maintain security patching process, ensuring systems recieve the appropriate updates on time and with minimal system impact
- Working with the Security council and raising security incidents
- Keeping up to date with InfoSec events and activities
- Retaining a BAU visibility across the Data Centre and joining the on-call rota until otherwise agreed (one in 5 weeks – approx.)
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT centric role
- Strong Microsoft Window experience
- Confident with Cisco and Dell networking environments
- Experience of working on live production systems
- Powershell Scripting
- SQL Serve Administration- Basic knowledge
- DR and Business Continuity awareness
- General understanding of cryptography
- InfoSec Certification – for example CCNA Security, Security Plus.
Job posted in: IT Security Manager Jobs