Open Architecture Developer (C++/C#/Java/Python) – Surrey (New Malden) – Permanent – Competitive Salary + benefits!
Are you looking for progression? A challenge? Fantastic new opportunity to develop your skills, work on a wide range of programmes, writing codes and creating international standards. You will be working on cutting edge technology!
Our client, who are globally recognised within the aerospace, security and global defence arena, are currently looking for an Open Architecture Developer at their site in New Malden.
As an Open Architecture Developer, you will be supporting the Openness and Standards PV (Private venture) activities and associated research programme in developing an ‘App Store’ based Open Combat System Architecture implementing international standards for project HOST.
You will be involved in implementing and testing reference applications and test harnesses for a software development kit as well as prototyping open interfaces to existing NSCS products.
- Implementing frameworks for Helper Functions and other potential ‘App store’ Applications
- Developing reference implementations for new international standards
- Developing bridges between different software technologies
- Curating data for ‘App Store’ testing and integration
- Implementing test-harnesses for ‘App Store’ Combat System development
- Developing simple reference implementations of key Combat System service providing Applications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience programming in Ada, C++ and other programming languages such as C#, Java Python – a combination of any of these with some knowledge of all
- Familiarity with DDS, Web Services, SQL, DIS and other standards-based middleware technologies
- Genuine interest in new technologies and increasing your skills with the ability to demonstrate