Open Architecture Developer (C++/C#/Java Python) – Permanent
*Candidates must be able to satisfy full UK SC clearance*
Open Architecture Developer – Surrey (New Malden) – Permanent – Competitive Salary + benefits!
Great opportunity to pick up new skills, work on a wide range of programmes, writing codes and creating international standards. You will be working on new technologies giving you the chance to develop your skills and become an expert in your field. You will be given extensive exposure across the business and chances to deal directly with 3rd party suppliers.
Our client, who are globally recognised within the aerospace, security and global defence arena, are currently looking for an Open Architecture Developer at their site in New Malden.
As an Open Architecture Developer, you will be supporting the Openness and Standards PV (Private venture) activities and associated research programme in developing an ‘App Store’ based Open Combat System Architecture implementing international standards for various projects.
You will be involved in implementing and testing reference applications and test harnesses for a software development kit as well as prototyping open interfaces to existing NSCS products.
Your main responsibilities as an Open Architecture Developer will consist of:
- Implementing Frameworks for Helper Functions and other potential ‘App Store’ Applications
- Developing reference implementations for new international standards
- Implementing test-harnesses for ‘App Store’ Combat System development
- Developing bridges between different software technologies
- Curating data for ‘App Store’ testing and integration
- Developing simple reference implementations of key Combat System service providing Applications
Your skills and qualifications:
Strong software engineering skills
Experience programming in Ada, C++ and other programming languages such as C#, Java Python – a combination of any of these with some knowledge of all
Familiarity with DDS, Web Services, SQL, DIS and other standards-based middleware technologies
Genuine interest in new technologies and increasing your skills with the ability to demonstrate
- New Malden (Surrey, England)
- £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs