Principal / Senior Civil Engineer
An award winning civil and structural engineering design practice is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join their London Office.
As an organisation they work on a variety of projects across large regeneration projects, housing estates, sewer diversions, schools, and highways.
Their specialisms include heritage engineering, off-site fabrication, appraisal of existing buildings, refurbishment and repair, infrastructure engineering, engineering sustainability, pre-planning advice and deep basement designs.
* Drainage design of a Greenfield setting, urban drainage and hydraulic modelling
* Experience of Section 102 and 104 adoptions, 106 connection application and 185 diversions
* Negotiating with The Environment Agency on hydraulic matters pertaining to the development.
* Experience in compiling Code for Sustainable Homes, Breeam and CEEQUAL code assessments.
* Knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 7th edition (SFA7th) o Planning policy statement 25 (PPS25)
* Highway infrastructure design and adoption with particular attention to levels and drainage
* Negotiating with the Highway agencies on highway issues pertaining to the development
* An in depth knowledge of Section 38 adoption and 278 works.
* Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) o Road markings and Signage
* Direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities as required
* Use of CAD and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare
* Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
* Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other
* Undertake liaison with construction contractors to maintain the principles of the design in the works that are carried out.
To be considered for this Infrastructure design role we require the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
* Relevant Civil Engineering degree
* Chartered or Near Chartered Engineer (ICE)
* Client focused approach with effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Minimum qualification – degree in Civil Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
* Experience in the use of design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
* Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
* Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
* Full UK driving licence and own transport
If you would like to apply for this role then please respond to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or alternatively please contact Laura S at Energi People.
- London (London, England)
- £50000 - £67000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Civil Infrastructure Engineer Jobs