This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Principal Electrical Engineer (Building Services) to join the Dublin office of a leading international consultancy, to play a leading role in the design of some of the most exciting built environment projects in Ireland and internationally.
I have recruited for this excellent multi-disciplinary consultancy for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels with the business and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about holistic design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
If you’ve got potential & want to push the boundaries of design, they will help you achieve it!
As a key figure in an established team of expert design engineers and technicians, working closely with colleagues of various engineering disciplines, you will oversee the preparation and delivery of detailed engineering designs using Amtech and Dialux.
You will take responsibility for the management of projects and to achieve financial and time deadlines – attending and leading project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
In this key and varied role you will also have the opportunity to work across a variety of sectors such as Healthcare, Retail, Workplace and Critical Systems.
- Having gained relevant experience in an electrical engineering role within a building services context (electrical distribution and power generation, lighting design, security systems etc.), and experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines, you are already well versed in the use of relevant design software including Amtech and ideally, Dialux.
- You have experience overseeing the work of more junior colleagues, and have proven ability in producing low energy design solutions, carrying out site inspections and surveys, detail design development. Crucially – you possess a passion for creative and intuitive design.
- Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- Chartered status is desirable.
- Recent knowledge and working experience of the building services industry in the UK and/or Ireland is essential.
- It is also essential that you posess the right to work in Ireland, as the company unfortunately will not provide sponsorship.
For a confidential discussion to discuss this long term career opportunity, please contact James Mowat at Energi People.