Highways & Infrastructure
An opportunity has been created for a Principal Engineer to join a London based award-winning Engineering Consulting practice.
As an organisation they are involved in projects spanning across a number of sectors including property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets for both private and public sector clients.
As the Principal engineer you will undertake a pivotal role in leading an established team in delivering highways and infrastructure schemes in both the public and private sectors.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer to join their busy and expanding team.
The responsibilities of the role include:
* Experience in liaising with clients, associated professionals and other disciplines team members on all relevant aspects of projects;
* Experience in highways and pavement design;
* Experience in leading and managing small teams, delegating and supervising work of team members and acting as a mentor for junior members to develop their technical skills;
* Creation and Design of projects from the concept stage through to construction
* Assessment of Flood Risks
* Ground Modelling / Master planning
* Undertaking of designs for section 38, 278 NS 104 AGREEMENTS
* Managing your project workload to achieve programmed dead lines
* Supporting other team members in the delivery of items within your ability
* Design of private drainage networks
* Development of solutions for sectional applications
* Design of drainage using Micro Drainage or PDS/Causeway flow software
* Prepare layouts in AutoCAD and with the support of technicians
* Liaising with clients to verify project scope and ensure deliverables
* Developing new and existing client relationships
* Chartered or near-chartered status with a relevant professional body;
* Able to assist during construction stage, including site inspection and monitoring;
* Experience in working in new development projects
* Competent in flood modelling, flood alleviation schemes design and preparation of Surface Water Management Plans;
* Ability to use computer modelling packages such as Flood Modeller Pro, InfoWorks ICM and GIS software, PDS, MicroDrainage plus Microsoft office suite of packages;
To be considered for this Infrastructure design role we require the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
* Strong practical knowledge of Civils 3D, PDS, AutoCAD and WINDES
* Relevant Civil Engineering degree
* Chartered or Near Chartered Engineer (ICE)
* 5+ years’ experience
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please call Laura on: 01252413080 for an immediate response please send your CV .
- London (London, England)
- £50000 - £65000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Civil Infrastructure Engineer Jobs