As the Principal Engineer you will lead a team and provide technical guidance and support for less experienced junior engineers and technicians.
* Act as the Geotechnical lead for projects in the UK as well as overseas.
* Oversea technical delivery, commercial aspects, financial controls (forecasting & budgeting)
* Assist with the organisation and management of the technical staff
* Mentoring fellow engineers and supporting their career development
* Assist Graduates through the processes and requirements for completion of their Chartership
* Ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company’s technical work
* Maintain strong relationships with other disciplines and promote cross functional working
* Develop skills to be able to undertake forensic engineering and Expert Witness assignments
* Observe and maintain Company Health and Safety Policy across all activities
* Undertake other reasonable duties as requested
* Professionally qualified / Chartered Engineer
* Extensive knowledge of Eurocodes and other relevant national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies and procedures
* Substantial experience at Project Manager and Designer level with a proven capability and record of managing and delivering assignments to programme and budget
* Able to manage the legal and contractual aspects of Engineering contracts
* Strong knowledge of geotechnical and engineering geological processes and design
* Detailed geotechnical design experience of large diameter deep piled foundations (driven, bored and CFA) to Eurocode, API, AASHTO, LRFD NGI and ICP methods / standards, seismic / dynamic analysis of deep piled foundations and pile groups, deep excavations, basements, retaining structures, earthworks, soil and rock slope engineering, ground improvement, seismicity and liquefaction and instrumentation and monitoring
* Experience predominantly in large scale (c.£100m+), high profile infrastructure projects
* Experience of construction supervision and contract administration.
* Experience of ground investigation supervision,
* Laboratory test scheduling and reporting.
* Experience of slope stability, earthwork, foundation and retaining wall design.
* Experienced in the execution of major projects.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities
If you feel that this roles meets your skill set then please apply with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Laura on 01252 413 080.
Job posted in: Job Expired
- London (London, England)
- £50000 - £65000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Job Expired