Principal Mechanical Engineer
About the role
This Principal Mechanical Engineer opportunity is to join a Critical Systems team in Southampton with a top design consultancy. As the Principal Mechanical Engineer you will contribute to a significant range of projects including rail, highway and power projects. You will need to be a very enthusiastic and dedicated Principal Mechanical Engineer who has ability to plan and coordinate projects and perform complex analysis.
As the Principal Mechanical Engineer you will need to apply judgement in the evaluation selection and adaptation of standard techniques. You will preferably be a Principal Mechanical Engineer who has experience of redundancy in mechanical systems for mission critical installations (including cooling installations, district heating systems and CHP, road tunnels and associated mechanical systems, ventilation systems and large water installations. You will need to be able to prepare bid and contract documentation and act as a project manager for certain projects as well as representing the company at external client meetings. You must have an understanding of fee preparation, forecasting and allocation and the ability to monitor project costs against target costs.
* Qualified to a minimum of HND level
* Working knowledge of Hevacomp, Revit, IES and Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of extranet software would be an advantage (including A-Site, and ProjectWise functionality)
* Experience in redundancy in mechanical systems for mission critical installations
* Experience in district heating scheme design and application
- Hampshire (Hampshire, England)
- £45000 - £60000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs