Quantity Surveyor – Network Engineering – Power
Location: Kent Term: 6 months
Day Rate: Negotiable (DOE)
My client, a global leader in Engineering Services is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team, site based in Kent. You will be expected to provide effective commercial support to the operational team(s). You will ensure contractual, financial and project commitments are met or exceeded ensuring at all times that company and contract processes and procedures are adhered too with the aim of maximising revenue and profit and reducing project risk.
- Maintain commercial astuteness whilst developing relationships with the operations team, clients and subcontractors.
- Refer to and assist in the preparation and maintenance of the project risk register and management plan.
- Liaise with Project Manager, Engineers and Planners with regard to recovery of contract revenue together with enhancing project profit by identifying, submitting and agreeing variations, delays and claims.
- Advise and prepare terms and conditions for sub-contractors.
- Ensure sub-contractors and suppliers have submitted compliant quotations/enquiries within the timescale required.
- Manage commercial requirements of sub-contractors from enquiry to final account.
- Attend handover and progress meetings (internal and with clients and sub-contractors).
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager to ensure appropriate commercial cover is maintained.
- Produce monthly project financial and forecast to complete reports for analysis in conjunction with the finance team and Commercial Manager.
- Ensure operations team are briefed on the provisions of the main contract and sub-contracts.
- Ensure that site personnel have required documents and are maintaining the site records required to substantiate variations and claim.
- Ensure all applications, variations and claims are assessed, submitted, agreed and paid in accordance with the contract.
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate evidence of continued professional development.
- Demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislative and statutory requirements.
- Work within established Company policies and procedures.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying. Full UK driving license is essential
- You must have previous experience in a Finance/ Quantity Surveyor role
- Excellent Management, negotiating interpersonal & communication skills
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Divisional P&L Finance, Budgeting and contracts costing Contract law
- Financial awareness
- Contract experience, preparing valuations and claims for clients and subcontractors
- Sub Contract Management
- Cost / value reconciliation
- Stakeholder management
- Project Management
- Business analysis/ business process re-engineering
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs