Scientist (CEM Developer) – up to £40,000 – Filton
SC Clearable/ SC Cleared
Would you like a new role, supporting the Computational engineering team for a global giant within the Defence and Aerospace arena?
They are looking for a Computational Electromagnetics Developer to join their every growing team to help develop and maintain advanced electromagnetic simulation tools used for low observable (stealth) design, EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) and EMI (electromagnetic interference).
Your main responsibilities as a Scientist (CEM Developer) will involve:
- Managing and providing technical leadership on development projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time and to cost and incorporate leading edge CEM (computational electromagnetics) techniques and software implementations.
- Leading liaisons with internal stakeholders to plan future code development roadmaps based on requirements and emerging CEM and computing capability. (Occasional UK travel required).
- Maintaining technical capabilities by identifying emerging CEM trends and interactions with global CEM community.
- Maintaining suitable records and archives for projects to allow reuse of work where appropriate and conform to mandated quality and document management processes.
- Keeping up to date with literature, attendance of conferences, maintaining up to date knowledge.
Your skills and qualifications:
- The candidate is expected to be proficient in Computational Electromagnetics with demonstrated experience of code development and understanding of underlying mathematical principles and EM theory and the ability to formulate new techniques for specific application areas.
- Good computer skills: (Unix and Windows platforms)
- Computer programming in Fortran 90, C, Matlab and/or C++. Cuda GPU and MPI/OpenMP parallel programming experience also advantageous and experience of coding for HPC systems.
- In depth understanding of EM theory and related mathematical formulations and numerical solution techniques.
- Background in EMC, radar scattering or antenna modelling an advantage.
- Understanding of typical numerical schemes (i.e. Finite Difference/Finite Element, Method of Moments, Physical Optics).
Job posted in: Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs
- Filton (Gloucestershire, England)
- £30000 - £40000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Junior / Graduate
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs