A unique opportunity for a Senior / Associate Fire Engineer in Dubai. This role will suit an established Associate Engineer, or perhaps an experienced Senior or Principal Engineer ready to take the next step in their career.
Fire engineering at this company is a buoyant and successful specialism and their global team combines international experience and local knowledge to enable their engineers to respond quickly to project demands.
Their busy team work on an exciting range of projects and develop cutting-edge solutions for a variety of engineering challenges. Joining this busy and close-knit team as a Senior / Associate Fire Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects worldwide, not just in Dubai.
What will you be doing?
Naturally the role of a Senior / Associate Fire Engineer will be challenging and varied, but this role will ask you to:
- Work with clients and other Engineers to project manage a variety of fire engineering projects. You will be informing and supporting the building design aspirations, functionality and architectural form throughout the design process.
- Set a strong example of client care and general consultancy on both small- and large-scale projects and support your team of Engineers and Graduates to do the same.
- Maintain responsibility for the financial performance of your projects, ensuring timely delivery of high quality design.
- Represent the company from a Fire Engineering perspective at design team meetings, both internal and externally as well as liaising with approval authorities on fire safety designs and proposals.
- Identify and specify appropriate fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and/or suppression to support fire engineering design solutions.
- Carry out and review fire engineering calculations including smoke modelling and evacuation analysis from simple hand calculations to complex 3D computational modelling (previous CFD experience is welcome but not essential).
- Identify design related issues and propose solutions as appropriate. Be aware when assistance is necessary and seek support from experienced members of the team when appropriate.
- Manage relationships with internal and external clients, Engineers and other stakeholders. Utilising opportunities to further work and win new commissions.
- Share knowledge both within the fire engineering team and on a wider basis.
A little bit about you…..
As an experienced Fire Engineering professional, we would expect that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Expertise in delivering fire safety engineering solutions in a multi-disciplinary environment with solid experience in developing fire strategies, undertaking engineering analysis and applying performance based designs
- Excellent consultancy skills; good communication abilities and the experience to traverse complex situations, negotiation and understanding the differing needs of their clients and within stakeholder groups.
- Confident, proactive character, with a track record or the ability to taking the lead in challenging situations.
- The ability of identify, develop and grow profitable commercial relationships with a variety of clients
- Capability of working autonomously alone or as part of a larger team on multiple projects with other professional engineers
- Previous Middle East experience and awareness of relevant design standards – NFPA, IBC, UAE Fire & Life Safety Code
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Willingness to travel
- Ideally you will have completed or be close to professional registration with the ECUK or other established body.
My client is keen to encourage the professional progression of their staff and offer an excellent training and development scheme to support your advancement, and they will ask you to mentor and develop engineers in their team.
In return for your hard work, my client offer a stimulating and challenging environment, excellent scope for progression and the opportunity to work on a wide range of outstanding projects in the Middle East and elsewhere. With a plethora of high-profile clients, they can offer an interesting range of work and an excellent personal challenge as they support you to develop your career to new heights.