An award winning Consulting practice is currently seeking a Senior CAD/BIM Technician to join their expanding East London team.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- An ability to ensure that all projects are delivered to the agreed brief and timescale
- Ensure that a high-quality product is consistently delivered
- Communication of the design process
- An ability to write manuals for maintenance
- Capability to produce detailed drawings
- Ability to discussing designs with other professionals
- Competency to develop drawings and calculations onscreen
- Confidence in explaining designs to other people
- Competence in the use of Civils 3d
- Prepare complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications.
- Produce CAD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
- Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
- Work with project team to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs.
- Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
- Make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff.
- Create and update database of design records for future reference purposes.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a civil engineering role
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience of flood alleviation schemes design and preparation of Surface Water Management Plans;
- Ability to use computer modelling packages such as Flood Modeller Pro, InfoWorks ICM and GIS software, PDS, MicroDrainage plus Microsoft office suite of packages
- East London (London, England)
- £45000 - £60000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Civil Infrastructure Engineer Jobs