Senior Civil CAD Technician
As multi-disciplinary building and engineering consultant they offer client care and advice that very few, if any can match. The Civil Engineering team, looking to hire a Senior Civil CAD Technician fully embrace this philosophy by providing a comprehensive range of civil engineering design, procurement, coordination and project management services to support clients through the whole project life cycle; offering a full multi-disciplinary service or standalone specialist technical services.
The Civil Engineering team who are seeking Senior Civil CAD Technician has particular expertise in highways design for roads, pavements, bridges, Section 278 Agreements and in earthworks engineering, cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations, sewerage and external works.
Due to their continuing success and growth, they are now seeking a Senior Civil CAD Technician to join their growing team and undertake all aspects of the civil engineering design from Pre-Planning [Masterplanning], Conceptual design through to the production of As-Built drawings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop highways and drainage CAD designs and drawings
- Oversees the delivery of projects
- Produce civil engineering drawings and layout
- Supervises/mentors more junior engineers & CAD Technicians
- Provides day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving
- Starting to run small jobs autonomously
- Flexible working to meet project deliverables, demonstrates efficient working under pressure
- Support senior civil engineering staff with design
What they need from a Senior Civil CAD Technician:
- Fully conversant in AutoCAD Civils 3D with Civil Engineering related experience
- A good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc.)
- A relevant engineering qualification (e.g. HND) or equivalent
- Experience and skills in Microdrainage would be a distinct advantage
Raising awareness – A commitment to understanding and promoting the wider services and capabilities, and to sharing this knowledge with the contacts you deal with, internally and externally with Clients and contact. All staff are expected to maintain a Cross-Selling log throughout the year, for review as part of the annual PDR process.
They invest heavily in their biggest assets……..their people. And as you will find out from day one in your career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- 25 days holiday and study leave
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Standard 5% Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
They are an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management and Geo-Environmental.
They maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One, which is the essence of their strength in the depth and diverse range of their activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. This excellent company has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 585 people in ten offices across the UK (with one overseas) and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.