Senior Electrical Design Engineer – Building Services
DOE: £50,000 – £55,000
Senior Electrical Design Engineer:
Our client, an award-winning engineering consultancy, is looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to manage the Electrical discipline within a larger MEP team. The successful Senior Electrical Designer will be based in our client’s modern offices in central London. All suitable Senior Electrical Design Engineers that wish to apply should have a minimum of 7 years UK experience. If hired, you will need to be able to autonomously produce highly complex electronic designs, specifications and reports from; concept to completion.
This position is suitable for someone confident and capable when dealing with clients face-to-face. If you’re looking for that next step to further your career within a forward thinking multi-disciplinary design consultancy, get in touch with Alex Camm at Energi People, ASAP.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing conceptual & detailed design solutions in line with Client’s brief.
- Carrying out the detailed electrical services design and calculations using HevaComp, Amtech, IES, Dialux and/or similar design software tools.
- Management of projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability for the business.
- Identify and manage allocated resources to achieve project requirements.
- Commercially aware including financial management and reporting responsibility on project costs.
- Technical and quality reviews of project production information to maintain high standards.
- Production/writing of electrical specifications, schedules, reports and technical papers.
- Professionally represent the business at a wide range of meetings from client, design team and site.
- Assist in the preparation of fee submissions and project bids,
- Good communicator with a professional approach to all work and ability to interface and build relationships with clients to secure repeat business.
- Design, supervision and technical reviewing of allocated projects,
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance at project and group level.
- Conduct/undertake feasibility studies, condition reports, dilapidation and pre-acquisition inspection surveys and reports.
- Be prepared to travel and support other Desco design offices as and when reasonably required by workload.
- Able to demonstrate AutoCad, MEP Revit and BIM knowledge, experience and capability.
In addition to a lucrative salary, modern facilities and an excellent opportunity to progress, our client also provides the opportunity to work on some really exciting projects! – Currently, their engineers are working on: Tottenham Stadium, Battersea PowerStation, Olympia Park, Wembley Park, a variety of Data Centres and lots more! – Further details on the desired individual below…
· Educated to at least HNC / Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services, Mechanical, Electrical or public Health Engineering.
· Working toward Chartered Engineer or equivalent
· Electrical/Mechanical services design – concept, performance and detailed.
· Highly experienced in the production of detailed electrical design solutions for services such as 400V/230V power supply and distribution systems, generators, UPS, earthing, primary and emergency lighting, fire alarms, security, access control, renewables, LZC technologies, lightning protection.
· Experienced in undertaking project management duties on M&E Design Projects.
· Have knowledge and understanding of the latest UK Building Regulations. Design Standards and Guides.
· Have knowledge of the latest London Plan requirements.
· Previous experience of a recognised mainstream UK engineering consultancy organisation
· Hevacomp/Amtech or similar
· Strong communication skills; Verbal & Written
· Revit/BIM, IES, Microsoft etc.
Job posted in: Building Services Electrical Engineer Jobs
- City of London (London, England)
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Electrical Engineer Jobs