Senior Electrical Engineer, Critical Systems – Dublin
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced client focused Senior Electrical Engineer – Critical Systems to join the Dublin office of a leading international consultancy, to play a leading role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative electrical design solutions for some of the most exciting building projects in Ireland and internationally.
I have recruited for this excellent multi-disciplinary consultancy for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels with the business and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about holistic design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
The Building Services team are a source of world leading expertise – and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
If you’ve got potential & want to push the boundaries of design, they will help you achieve it!
With a main focus on the Critical Systems field, and additional opportunities to contribute across a variety of sectors, you will lead a team of junior engineers and BIM technicians, and work closely with colleagues of various disciplines to manage the delivery of technically-excellent, profitable projects.
You will develop new and nurture existing outstanding client relationships that maximise satisfaction and ensure repeat business, and will use your wealth of expertise and determination to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers.
- Educated to Master’s degree level in Electrical Engineering, you have a passion for accurate design of power systems. You should have already gained substantial experience in an Electrical Engineering role, within a building services and/or critical systems context. You have working experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines, specifically Mechanical Services and CSA elements.
- Already well versed in the theory behind and use of relevant design software including Amtech, Etap or SKM power systems analysis software, you have a proven ability in planning and designing Power Distribution diagrams (SLD) in line with Detailed Load Assessments.
You may also have a practical knowledge in some or all of the following:
- Redundancy, Resilience and Availability in electrical systems for mission critical installations (including UPS and standby generator)
- HV design and installation (above 20kV)
- LV and HV switchboards design
- Power distribution installations in Critical Facilities
- IEEE, NFPA and FMG Standards
- Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication and project management skills are essential.
- Recent knowledge and working experience of the building services industry in the UK and/or Ireland is essential.
It is essential that you have the right to work in the Ireland, as the company unfortunately will not provide sponsorship.
For a confidential discussion to discuss this long term career opportunity, please contact James Mowat at Energi People.