Senior Electrical Engineer
About the role
Opportunity to join a top design consultancy’s Critical Systems team in Hampshire. As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will contribute to a significant range of projects including rail, highway and power projects. You will need to be a very motivated and dedicated Senior Electrical Engineer who has ability to plan and coordinate projects and perform complex analysis.
As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will need to have knowledge of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions. You will preferably be a Senior Electrical Engineer who has experience of redundancy in electrical systems for mission critical installations (including UPS and standby generator), rail installation projects, HV design and installation and LV switchboard and power distribution installations. You will need to be able to prepare bid and contract documentation and act as a project manager for certain projects. It would be preferable for you to have an understanding of fee preparation, forecasting and allocation.
* Qualified to a minimum of HND level
* Working knowledge of Amtech, Dialux, Relux and Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of extranet software would be an advantage (including A-Site, and ProjectWise functionality)
* Experience of HV design and installation (up to and including 33 kV)
* Experience of LV switchboard and power distribution installations
* Experience of Road tunnels and associated electrical systems