Our clients team is ambitious about what communications can achieve and believe in its power to challenge perceptions, change behaviour, build partnerships and make a social and economic difference. By joining the team you would have exposure to the full communications mix: the opportunity to work closely with policy teams, other government departments and a range of external partners to find new and fresh ways of reaching target audiences. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering effective communications, experience of building strong working relationships, will show a strong strategic ability and a belief in the difference effective communications can make
Based in the communications team, reporting to the Head of External Affairs, the post holder will:
* build effective and proactive relationships with the communications and external affairs teams in established and new external stakeholder, partner and third party organisations
* use their own experience and knowledge, as well as reaching into the department and across the group, to find and reach out to a wide range of stakeholders impacted by the clients work in order to create new relationships
* shape and deliver the clients strategic engagement programme (visits, events, roundtables, consultation and listening exercises) in support of our EU Exit communications. This includes developing and setting the strategic direction of this work, maintaining and managing on-going relationships
* develop a strategy for the department and senior leadership team to more effectively engage with a full range of influencers and external partners. This will bring a wide range of perspective and views to support the Departments overarching strategic considerations. The post holder should also build the Department’s capability in this area * build personal relationships with across government departments as part of the cross-government External Affairs discipline, to support collaborative and effective engagement.
* provide leadership and management to the wider external affairs team to ensure effective personal and skills development, furthering the discipline as a core element of the companies communications The successful candidate will have:
* Strong influencing skills and the ability to prioritise and manage competing demands
* Experience working across the communications mix including: digital, PR, marketing, external affairs and events.
* Experience of working with and providing strategic advice to Ministers and/or business leaders.
* Experience of developing and nurturing innovation and creativity to achieve outcomes on a low-cost/no-cost budget. * A track record working collaboratively with policy colleagues, other government departments and multiple external partners to deliver integrated communications.
* Experience in managing teams to deliver business outcomes, whilst also developing others in their roles.
Personal qualities and skills required:
* Excellent planning, management and organisational ability.
* The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines and carry others with them under such circumstances.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills reflecting the need to set standards for communication and provide editorial control to ensure appropriate content, messaging, tone and consistency in all communications.
Job posted in: IT Project Manager Jobs
- London (London, England)
- £475 - £500 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- 3 months
Contract Job Duration
- IT Project Manager Jobs