Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor – Colchester, Essex – Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join my client, a well-regarded M&E sub-contractor on a contract basis in Colchester offering a day rate of £350 – £375.
My client offer services for a range of Major specialist projects within technology, Education, Hospitals, laboratories, Residential & FM. They are seeking an experienced Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to ensure that the financial position of their projects are accurately reported and controlled effectively.
- You will perform the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular CVR’s, forecasts, Continuous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior Quantity Surveyor Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- Provide a Weekly report (Progress and Contract) to the Line Manager.
- You must have previous experience working within an M&E contractor environment.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- You will ideally come from a mechanically biased background Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You will have experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff.
- You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent negotiation, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Colchester (Essex, England)
- £350 - £375 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs