Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor
Day Rate: Negotiable based on experience
A tier one M&E contractor based in London with a reputation for winning and delivering large M&E projects in the tens of millions. While they work across a number of sectors, they have carved out a deserved reputation as one of the industry’s best firms to deliver data centre projects. With their next 5 years of work mapped out, and heavy investment in staff across the business, this is a very exciting time to join a company that can really take your career to the next level.
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Prepare, monitor project cash flow forecasts & produce Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR’s)
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Ability to draft contracts and assist in the process to apply appropriate risk/liabilities, often drawn from the Head Contract
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor.
- Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- Provide a Weekly report (Progress and Contract) to the Line Manager.
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects.
- You must have previous experience working within an M&E contractor environment in a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor.
- You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
- You must have previous experience of working on Commercial projects – ideally Shell & Core Fit-Out
- Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
- You will have experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff.
- You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
- You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent negotiation, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs