Mechanical Engineer/Senior Mechanical Engineer – Manchester
An exciting opportunity has arisen in one of my global clients Manchester Building Services team for an ambitious Mechanical Engineer with job leader capabilities or aspirations. This position will see you taking a pivotal role on a diverse array of projects within the North West and further afield.
I encourage candidates currently operating at either Engineer or Senior Engineer grade to apply.
My client’s office in Manchester is growing – and they want you to join them for the journey. This growth has been the product of organic success in the North West market, and as they continue to deliver a diverse range of inspiring projects, including higher education developments, sports stadia, and mixed use leisure facilities.
I have personally recruited for this fantastic, global leading consultancy for over 12 years, all over the world and have seen so many careers flourish over the years.
About the role…
This role will see you technically and creatively challenged on some of the most interesting developments in the North West and further afield. Team work and a collaborative approach are key to any project, so your strong communication skills and passion to succeed with others will serve you well.
What design work will I be doing?
- Detailed design drawings with a specialisation in mechanical design – e.g. HVAC, etc.
- Prepare technical specifications and schedules and design development reports.
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
- Keep senior design team members informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
Outside of design, what else will you do?
- Manage project finances, monitor scope, and ensure quality
- Plan and organise your workload to ensure that you are meeting clients expectations.
- Attending client, site and external design team meetings.
More about you…
- As a talented building services engineer, it is expected that you would be able to demonstrate…
- Extensive mechanical design experience in an MEP consultancy;
- Ideally some experience as an mechanical job leader
- Diverse sector experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering
- Chartership with a relevant institution – e.g. CIBSE;
- AutoCAD, REVIT and similar software skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
In return, my client can offer fantastic opportunities to:
- Collaborate within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalising on their extensive knowledge base in building physics, micro-climate analysis, computation fluid dynamics, climate change mitigation and energy master planning to inform truly environmentally responsive MEP designs;
- Take significant client-facing and leadership responsibilities within the context of a small, agile building services team;
- Work on a diverse array of projects across the education, leisure, retail, sports, culture, and health-care sectors.
For a confidential conversation and to discuss this fantastic career opportunity in more detail, please contact James Mowat from Energi People.