Energi People have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer to join one of long standing global clients, based within their growing Birmingham office.
As a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed and profitability is achieved.
My client is open to Senior or Principal Level mechanical engineers, on a permanent, or long term contract basis.
This company are a highly regarded award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. Who provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings across the globe.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
- Experience in the Education, Healthcare, Commercial or Residential sectors will be of particular benefit however they undertake a wide range of project types in many sectors in the Birmingham office so experience from other sectors will also be of interest.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and they get the best out of our people.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring they keep abreast of our competitors.
- Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the local industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
- Suitably qualified Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineers degree or equivalent qualification preferable but not essential.
- Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all of the following: M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting and Project Management.
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
What’s in it for you?
To reward your hard work and commitment, my client offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Other benefits include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
For a confidential conversation and to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact James Mowat at Energi People.