Senior Project Planner
My client is a leading design and engineering company specialising in complex projects working across the full project life cycle in a wide range of disciplines.
They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Planner to join their team based in Manchester on a contract basis. The Senior Project Planner will be working closely with the project leads to develop and manage schedules predominately in Primavera P6, although working knowledge of other platforms will be required e.g. MS Project.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating a planning process, analysing and challenging schedule / programme updates, progress and variance tracking, creating dashboard reporting and managing project planning requirements in line with contractual arrangements.
- Work as part of a project management and planning team to build a best practice project control capability
- Improve project performance
- Monitor and Control Project schedule risks
- Employ Earned Value practices (where required)
- Lead planning practices
- Self-Starter to support the needs of the project team ensure that the reporting relating to the project performance always reflects the most up to date status
- Provide work plans for completion with each discipline
- Utilise provided data for reporting of progress against current baselines, report on variance and challenge visible trends with relevant teams
- Develop and manage resource loaded schedules and guide the project team to create a robust project baseline.
- Facilitate weekly project update meetings to challenge performance and further progress, update forecast to complete hours and implement changes derived from assessments made.
- Highlight potential risk, critical path analysis, and provide suitable mitigation measures to the appropriate lead.
- Support the change control process and implement baseline change requests
- Continually improve and streamline the planning process.
- Maintain a consistent process and evaluate benefits of reporting.
- Support the project with NEC contract project environment (where applicable)
- Produce Schedule Narratives
- TRA, Float, dependency Management
- You MUST have experience of working with Primavera P6 and MS Project
- You MUST have experience of working with CEMAR NEC administration
- You MUST have experience of working on projects within the pharmaceutical / life sciences area
- You will hold an HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Experience of delivering Multi-disciplinary design projects within the life sciences sector
- Microsoft Excel including advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Experience with Management Reporting Experience of stakeholder Management
- Experience with a variety of Construction Contracts
- Presentation skills and the ability to run workshops
- Good general software ability
- Earned Value Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- NEC Contract (commercial awareness)
Job posted in: Quantity Surveyor Jobs
- Manchester (Greater Manchester, England)
- £325 - £375 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Quantity Surveyor Jobs