Senior Rail/Bridge Senior engineer
An opportunity has been created for a Senior Bridge engineer to join an award winning Consultancy based in their Bristol Office.
As a company they are established Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Consulting Engineers with extensive experience in Bridges, Rail Infrastructure, Buildings, Temporary Works and Geotechnical Services.
The Bridges team is busy with highway and Rail Bridge engineering work for a variety of clients, including local authorities, Contractors, private developers and public-sector clients.
- Responsibility and creation of Bridge design, both for the regional offices
- General civil and structural engineering support to other teams.
- Preparation of documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments, scheme designs and drawings, scheme feasibility studies and outline cost estimates;
- Checking drawings and supervision of CAD technicians.
Current work includes bridge inspection and assessment, feasibility studies, and design.
Key Skills & Experiences:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a civil engineering role
- Practical knowledge and experience of bridge design, maintenance and assessment, gained from working on both construction sites and the design office
- Experience writing reports such as Bridge Design
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of structures related projects together with a track record of innovation in design and management of structures.
- Experience of new build, maintenance, assessment and strengthening of bridges and civil structures infrastructure
- Proven working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW)
- Experience of use of Eurocodes and their application to bridge design
- Experience of design in or assessment of steel, reinforced and bridge structures
If you feel that this roles meets your skill set then please apply with an up to date copy of your CV to http://www.adcourier.com/# or contact Laura on 01252 413 080.
- Bristol (Bristol, England)
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Architect Jobs