Senior SOC Analyst – Permanent – Cardiff – Up to £50k + Benefits
Fantastic Senior SOC Analyst opportunity in Cardiff. Looking to challenge yourself and take your career into the next level?
As a Senior SOC Analyst you will be engaging in critical security activity that will have a direct and positive impact in the overall security culture of the organisation.
Collaborating and working along side senior internal and third-party partners on developing and embedding a leading incident management response capability.
- You will lead complex technical investigations into security incidents across a variety of environments, platforms and operating systems, driving resolution in a methodical and timely manner.
- You will coordinate and engage with business partners, contracted security providers on significant investigations.
- You are the point person and mentor to junior analysts on technical investigations.
- You will deal with threat and vulnerability management on handling emerging cyber threats.
- You will carry out trend analysis, reporting findings to management and proposing process and technical control improvements.
- You lead threat hunting and threat analysis.
- Regularly review and develop incident response processes and runbooks to ensure a consistent approach in responding to current & emerging threats.
- Maintain and employ a demonstrable understanding of advanced threats, continuous vulnerability assessment, response and mitigation strategies used in cybersecurity operations.
Skills and qualifications:
- You possess experience with cybersecurity forensics tools and methodologies, IR planning and playbook development
- You are actively involved in threat intelligence and cybersecurity research communities
- Demonstrable experience in Information Security with a focus on Incident Response and security operations
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant technical data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols
- You possess an understanding of data privacy laws and legislation relating to carrying out forensic investigations.
- A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and the tools, techniques and tactics of Targeted Threat Actors.
- You have a solid grasp on the role of the SOC function, Incident Response (IR) processes and appropriate tooling.
- Experience with SIEM & IR Management tools
- Host (Windows, Mac, Linux), network and mobile device forensics
- Any Incident response qualifications e.g CISSP, GCIH, GIAC, GCFE, SANS Certifications, Cyber Incident Response (CSIRT/CERT).
- Any IT qualifications : ITIL, CCNA, etc.
- Cardiff (Cardiff, Wales)
- ArchSight, CEH, CISSP, SIEM, TCP/IP, Tech - IT Engineer, Tech - Security Operations Centre, Technology
Important Job Skills
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Information Security Analyst Jobs