Our client is looking for a Senior Software Integration Engineer to help them shape the future of naval combat systems – the systems that keep the Royal Navy’s ships and crews safe at sea.
They have a rich 30 year heritage in the design, development, integration and support of naval combat systems that is used for combat, humanitarian and intelligence gathering operations.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Software Integration Engineer will involve:
Integrating software applications into system builds to deliver system capability
Installing software on local integration facilities
Supporting systems at UK test sites and on board Royal Navy ships
Demonstrating system integrity with both scripted and informal testing
Supporting usage of representative target hardware
Investigating system issues, providing solutions yourself or through collaboration with other Engineering teams in the organisation
Releasing system builds for use on ship
Your skills and qualifications:
* Familiar with Windows 7/10/Server 2008/2012/2016 functionality
* Ability to methodically investigate a symptom to understand and isolate the root cause
* Ability to quickly understand how areas of a complex system work
* Knowledge of Ada, C++ or C# software languages
* Experience with Virtual machines and VMware ESXi
* Understanding of networks (architecture and protocols)
* Use of OS diagnostic tools (e.g. for Windows, Perfmon and the SysInternals tools)
What we’re looking for in you:
You will be an excellent problem solver, capable of applying past experience to support the understanding and investigation of new issues. Your determination will ensure you are not fazed by complexity. Your communication and interpersonal skills will include the ability to work effectively with others.
Location: New Malden or Broad Oak