Maintain high quality and efficient production including:
– Agree with factory management where each project will be stored in the factory during the various stages of production and ensure this is communicated to your team.
– Ensure that top priority jobs are being worked on and that your team have the tools, materials and skills needed to complete the task.
– Have a clear plan for the next 7 days
– who is going to work on what, and a rough plan for the following 14 days
– Be prepared to communicate this to factory management & project engineers
– Suggest and implement improvements to working practice in order to increase productivity and efficiency
– Ensure that own area is kept tidy and clean
– Liaise with project managers and the factory manager re anticipated problems which could affect dispatch deadlines or build quality
Focus on all safety and personnel issues including:
Team communication: hold weekly toolbox talks to draw attention to best practice and procedures.
Developing team: identify training needs, ensure your team wear appropriate PPE and that current H&S regulations are met and exceeded where possible, refer problems to factory management
– keep your team working and motivated.
– Set clear performance expectations and maintain close control of overtime.
– Check equipment in your area daily for damage or wear and ensure all equipment is in a safe working condition with guards fitted as appropriate.
– Report any issues to factory management.
General day to day running of your production area including:
– Work with other departments for the benefit of the company rather than the glory of own team.
– Find ways to support other departments. Specialise in your own area while taking joint responsibility for production with the other charge hands.
– Check your area to ensure doors are secured and equipment turned off before leaving or hand over responsibility for night time shut down if you are not the last to leave.
– Carry out other duties as required by your line manage
If you are interested please send me your CV ASAP:)
Job posted in: Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- Bedfordshire (Bedfordshire, England)
- £34000 - £42000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Building Services Mechanical Engineer Jobs