Software Installation Engineer – New Malden – Up to £48,000
SC Cleared/SC Clearable
Are You a Software Engineer looking for your next challenge?
Do you have experience with VMware?
As a Software Installation Engineer you will work as part of a team of engineers developing the mechanisms for automated deployment of software infrastructure and applications on Royal Navy platforms.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Installation Engineer will involve:
- Designing, developing and maintaining scripts for packaging bespoke and COTS software into a deployable system build
- Designing, developing and maintaining solutions for the automated deployment and configuration of the software infrastructure and applications
- Performing investigations into deployment issues and develop solutions going forward
- Supporting the installation process of builds alongside Integration Engineers.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience in Windows operating systems
- Windows Scripting Tools – VB Script, PowerShell or Batch Job, .Net Framework and XML
- Experience in configuration management tools, concepts and file change control
- Windows 7/10/Server 2008/2012/2016 functionality
- Experience with VMware including its server software (ESXI), storage and networking.
- Active directory and domain knowledge
- Experience in VxWorks
- Windows security features
- Networks (architecture and protocols)
- Experience in any structured programming language
Job posted in: Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs
- New Malden (Surrey, England)
- £43000 - £46000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Software Engineer Jobs