- Deliver consultancy structural engineering services through a range of technical disciplines for varied projects and clients.
- Thorough understanding of the DMRB, EN Eurocodes and national guidance to ensure all designs and deviations meet best practice, appropriate, regulations and company policies
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk
- Keeping up to date with technical and legislative developments and seek opportunities to develop professional profile such as giving presentations to relevant conferences/meetings/professional bodies and participation in technical committees for trade organisations and standards
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings
- Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions
To be considered for this Infrastructure design role we require the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes;
Skills and experience required to be our Principal Structural Engineer:
- Minimum qualification – degree in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ post-graduate experience in civil engineering design
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
- Significant experience of structural and highway engineering and urban design within a consultancy environment
- Familiar with local government and private sector clients
- Recognised leader in specialist discipline with well-established industry networks
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and a chartered Member of ICE or ISTRuctE
- Experience of growing, mentoring and leading teams.
If you would like to apply for this role then please respond to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or alternatively please contact Laura S at Energi People.
- Leicestershire (Leicestershire, England)
- £25000 - £30000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Highways Engineering jobs