Lead Software Engineer – Permanent
*Candidates must be able to satisfy full UK SC clearance*
Lead Software Engineer – Gloucestershire (Cirencester)- Permanent – Competitive Salary + Benefits!
Amazing opportunity to work for a global giant, picking up new skills and ability to increase your transferable skills. Working with cutting-edge technology will give you the chance to develop your skills even further. Exposure to such technologies will help you progress your career into the next level.
Our client is currently looking for Lead Software Engineers to join one of their sites in Gloucestershire, Cirencester.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will take lead and supervise a team providing specialist design and implementation of a suite of integrated end-user applications. Such applications will enable the effective management of complex assets, managed under an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) regime.
Your responsibilities as a Lead Software Engineer will consist of the following:
- Lead a team of testers and developers to deliver functional specifications and implementations providing efficient solutions.
Accountability for developing, implementing and executing the delivery plan for the Applications Development team (Development & Configuration Tasks, Scrum Testing and Support to live Applications) within the Business Solutions Competency Centre.
Ensuring integrated solutions maximise the capabilities of available commercial off-the- shelf (COTS) tool-sets
Ensuring the delivered products are fit for deployment to support and all necessary support material and engineering checks are complete
Assuring the communications from your team to external and internal stakeholders is assured and timely (Forecasts, Issues, Risks etc…)
The skills and qualifications our client is looking for :
Subject matter expert in the design and development of major software applications and how those applications can support the business processes
Capable of producing technical proposals and documentation for use by senior management within the organisation to support their decision-making process.
Proven working experience in Oracle or MSSQL and .NET/ MVC.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
Our client is looking for individuals who have:
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation in problem solving; applying solutions for the benefit of the customer.
- Strong coaching, influencing and leadership skills across the stakeholder community to achieve best results for the business and portfolio.
- Self-motivation, with a strong drive for successful delivery of objectives.
- Good verbal & written communication and negotiation skills with proven ability to effectively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.