Superb long term career opportunity for an electrically biased Technical Director, from an MEP Building Services background to join an expanding UK based MEP Design consultancy in Singapore, specialising in data centre projects. The Technical Director – Building Services is a crucial role for the business and will be reporting to the Director of the Singapore office and will fulfil a very technical & outward facing role that also involves business strategy and management. The Technical Director – Building Services that I am looking for, will come from a consultancy design background with a stable track record in the delivery of large complex projects abroad (ideally data centres), and a proven history in design leadership roles.
I have recruited for this business across the UK, Middle & Far East for over 8 years and know them very well. They are well known for their culture, development of their employees, technical excellence and a very impressive projects portfolio.
The requirements for this role, are as follows:
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services
- Chartered Eng status (ideal)
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Experience of having managed projects abroad (desirable)
- Sound knowledge & working application of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Flexible and self-motivational approach to work
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards/ UK Regulations/Codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation Skills
- Leadership & Mentoring Skills
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
For a confidential conversation and to discuss this unique opportunity in more detail, please call James Mowat at Energi People.