Technology Refresh Engineer – Portsmouth – up to £44,000 per annum
SC Clearance will be required for this position -Our client is able to put successful candidates through the vetting process
Opportunities like this don’t come along every day…Would you like the new challenge of making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Join our global client’s highly-skilled Combat Systems team and you’ll be part of something you can be proud of; equipping the Royal Navy with another world class capability.
Would you like to help ensure equipment on the Navy’s future flagship is as good as it can be?
Your main responsibilities as a Technical Refresh Engineer will involve:
- Monitoring progression of potential support solutions against plans to ensure all requirements are met and that actions are taken in a timely and effective manner in response to any issues or problems.
- Supporting the monitoring process which flags up equipment replacement.
- Preparation of study papers recommending replacement of equipment.
- Working closely with the Technical Refresh Lead to manage new technology insertion with maintenance releases.
- Supporting equipment delivery to the platform
- Ensuring that defects reported from platform/shore sites are investigated and considered in terms of obsolescence for incorporating into the design and technical solution in a timely manner
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience in design, technical refresh or product support
- Background in software or hardware
- Demonstrable technical experience in IT Infrastructure or networking
- Portsmouth (Hampshire, England)
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Salary/Pay Rate
- Security Cleared Project Support Officer Jobs