Web Operations Engineer – 6 month contract – Sheffield (remote working options) – £550 per day
*OUTSIDE OF IR35
Public Sector client looking for two additional Web Operations Engineers to join their division in Sheffield
Share advanced knowledge of programming skills with the wider team, providing support where necessary. Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack.
Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so.
Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
Anticipate technological developments to keep activity relevant and targeted.
Sharing on-call duties as required.
* Developing automation and templates for Azure and AWS * Knowledge of integrated cloud architectures and solutions.
* Understanding of common web application architectures.
* Understanding of techniques for management of encryption keys and certificates
* Experience debugging a complex multi-server service.
* Comfortable with configuration management tools.
* Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL.
* Deploying and configuring machines in a cloud environment.
* Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration.
* Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git.
* Experience configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
* Previous experience with Bash scripting, Java, Node.JS, Ruby or Python.
* Experience working in an agile environment with across multiple projects.
* Knowledge of the principles underlying public/private key encryption schemes
* Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
* Experience with open source solutions and community
* Experience using automated tests to continuously validate your work
Basic Security Clearance will need to be satisfied for this position
- Sheffield (South Yorkshire, England)
- £500 - £550 per day
Job Salary/Pay Rate
Contract Job Duration
- Technical Support Engineer Jobs